Choose a category and go through the alphabet, finding words that fit for each letter.
- No materials are required for this activity.
A do-anytime back-pocket activity that exercises your vocabulary
- Have children form a circle and choose a category.
- Ask each child to think of a word that fits in the category, beginning with the letter A.
- The next child will name a word that fits in the category and begins with B.
- The pattern continues (passing when you cannot think of one) until you’ve reached the end of the alphabet.
- Use categories like fruits, vegetables, names, countries or sports.
- There are no foreseeable safety concerns for this activity.
- Were you able to find one for every letter?
- Was there a letter that was really difficult to provide a word for?