Children use listening skills and a visual cue to mark down the corresponding word on their bingo card.
- Marker or bingo dabber
When your participants don’t have any homework to work one, bring them outside lead them in this fun, active, yet educational, activity.
- Fill up balloons with water.
- Divide the children into 2 teams and ask them to make 2 lines, facing each other.
- One group is the hoop and holds their hand in a circle in front of their body. The hoops do not move.
- The other group is the basketball players. They each begin with one water balloon.
- One at a time in the line, the players toss their water balloon into the hoop.
- Each time one of the players misses, the group earns a letter in the word “water”.
- Once they have spelled “water”, the teams switch. The hoops are now the basketball players.
- You may change the word they have to spell depending on group size and creativity.
- Ensure that the throwing area is clear of people before throwing and discourage participants from throwing the balloons too hard or too high so as to avoid injuries.
- What words should we spell next time?