This activity allows children to practice writing, spelling and storytelling.
- Cup of water
Children use their imaginations to tell a story through chalk in this outdoor activity.
- Find a clean (and safe) space on the sidewalk or pavement for chalk drawing.
- Encourage children to use words and pictures to tell a story with different colours of chalk. The closer the colours are together, the better the results.
- Dip a paintbrush in water and trace the brush over the chalk words and pictures to make water chalk art!
- Write words or letters in advance for children to trace.
- There are no foreseeable safety concerns for this activity.
Afterwards, have your participants share the stores they created!