To develop communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Several different skipping ropes
Help the group pick a representative who will be the only one who can ask the three questions allowed during the game. Have your group begin in a straight line, blindfold them and lay a rope out by their feet. Make sure everyone understands the game and its rules.
- On your signal everyone picks up the rope at their feet.
- Hands must remain on the rope; they may not let go of the rope for more than two seconds.
- Instruct the group to form a shape (square, triangle, circle, etc).
- Through their representative, players may ask the leader three questions during the game.
- The leader will repeat the question so that everyone can hear and then give the answer.
- When the group feels they have completed the task have them drop the rope at their feet and take a step back.
- Ask the group if they think they have successfully made their shape.
- After you get all of their answers, have them remove their blindfolds.
- For more advanced groups place the rope bunched up about ten feet away from the group and have them find the rope first, then form their shape.
- Give the group a time limit.
- Running could pose a tripping and falling risk. Be careful.
No wrap-up is necessary for this activity
Obtained from: https://www.playworks.org/game-library/blindfold-building/