For participants to use their listening skills and do the opposite action of what the leader says.
- No materials are required for this activity.
Participants will be scattered in area facing the leader, with enough space between each other.
- This game is like Simon Says, but with an opposite twist.
- The leader will start by saying “Simone doesn’t say” followed by an action such as “reach up high”.
- Instead of participants reaching up high, they have to do the opposite of that. So, they would reach down low.
- If the leader said “Simone doesn’t say stand up”, participants would sit down.
- If the leader said “Simone doesn’t say stomp your right foot”, participants would stop their left foot.
- If the leader said “Simone doesn’t say”, participants would walk on the spot.
- If the leader said “Simone doesn’t say run on the spot”, participants would walk on the spot.
- If the leader said “Touch your right ear”, with no “Simone doesn’t say” before, then they do exactly what the leader said, they would touch their right ear.
- Play a few rounds without participants being eliminated.
- When a participant makes a mistake they sit down and are out for that round.
- Try to go faster and faster.
- The last participant to make a mistake, becomes the new leader.
- Or, when a participant makes a mistake they have to leave the area and do a set activity (15 jumping jacks for example) before returning.
- For certain things like, nose or elbows, designate an opposite to those before playing. Tell participants that for this game, the opposite of nose is toes, and vise versa. The opposite of elbows are knees and vise versa.
- Use another name or designation other than Simone.
- Remove any safety hazards from the play area.
- What did you think about trying to do the opposite of everything?
Obtained from: http://activeafterschool.ca/activities/simone-says-do-opposite