The participants use their creative spirit and create their own design using the beginning of a drawing provided.
- A sheet of paper for each participant; either with the beginning of a drawing or a blank sheet of paper.
- Coloured crayons or markers
Give each participant a sheet of paper and provide the colouring tools for the participants to use.
- Distribute a sheet with a random line or the beginning of a drawing to each participant.
- Or, if you do not have the drawing available, distribute a blank sheet of paper to each participant and design the beginning of a drawing on a table, or somewhere where the participants can see it and copy it on their sheet of paper.
- Tell the participants that they must create their own design/drawing using the beginning of the image provided (which must be minimal)
- Tell the participants that there is no good or bad drawing, it is just whatever they want it to be - be creative!
- Give them time to colour their drawing.
- Give the participants a theme, such as: physical activity, in the open air, space, aliens, pirates, etc., that they must follow with their drawing.
- Encourage all participants to be creative and to think outside the box.
- Try to provide a verbal description of the drawing to accommodate participants who are blind or visually impaired.
- There are no foreseeable safety concerns for this activity.
No wrap-up is required for this activity.
Obtained from: http://activeafterschool.ca/activities/finish-drawing