Get children involved in preparing for a talent show – integrate literacy in a variety of ways.
- Any materials required by the specific tasks
You’d surprised how much kids and teens can accomplish if they are given the opportunity to lead something.
- Get children involved in organizing a talent show. They can design posters advertising the event, and create invitations for guests and parents, and even design the stage.
- Advertising (posters)
- Venue (decoration)
- Entertainment (talent acts)
- Tickets (sales)
- Host (MC script)
- They may also make posters or signs advertising their talent that they are going to showcase.
- Have one or a couple of children emcee the event and guide them in creating their emcee notes.
- Finally, encourage children to integrate literacy in their talent; prepare songs, poems, jokes, or a skit for the talent show.
- Let the talent show begin! Invite parents, grandparents and other guests.
- With teenaged groups, give more responsibility and trust. Allocate a leader for each section but encourage cross-involvement. Also more tasks could be included within each
- Social media, food, volunteers, etc.
- There are no foreseeable safety concerns for this activity.
If actual money was collected for tickets, consider donating to another cause, using it to buy a needed program item, or treat your group to a nice outing.