Teach children about foods from around the world, by asking them to create and present a commercial for their international restaurant.
- Specific food ingredients
Sometimes in order for us accept our friends, we need to take a moment to experience something they like or know. A fun, and tasty way to do this is with food!
- Ask children to choose groups. Each group will create a commercial for their restaurant.
- They must think of a name and make a menu with at least 3 foods from the cards.
- Hand out paper, pencils and markers for the menus.
- Set up a table and chairs. Use props if available, such as tablecloth, dishes and food.
- Have the children act out their commercials.
- Consider upping the scale of this activity by allowing your group to have a chance at making a real international dish.
- There are no foreseeable safety concerns for this activity (unless allowing children to make food, then the utmost supervision around hot or sharp elements is crucial).
Encourage your group to share something they liked, either about the food or the commercials. Maybe next time participants can explore their own cultures.